How to export Cascadeur animations to Maya

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to export Cascadeur animations to Maya

When you export animations to Maya, interpolation intervals might be handled incorrectly which, in turn, might lead to movements being distorted.

For example, if you simply export animation from this scene:

Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch.gif Views:	0 Size:	418.8 KB ID:	1127

...it will look like this:

Click image for larger version  Name:	badexport.gif Views:	0 Size:	664.0 KB ID:	1128

To import animation without distortions, use File\Export\FBX scene all frames...

Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?id=1120&d=1560870421.gif Views:	0 Size:	99.1 KB ID:	1124

You can also bake the animation beforehand by selecting all frames in the scene and pressing Alt + F. After this, you can use any mode to export the animation.

Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?id=1121&d=1560870516.gif Views:	0 Size:	226.1 KB ID:	1125

The end result of it would be like this:

Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?id=1122&d=1560870947.gif Views:	0 Size:	648.2 KB ID:	1126
    Last edited by Theodore; 18 June 2019, 07:04 PM.

Excellent! Great tip & Thank You !

Comment

cool I will try fbx import in other apps soon and report...same steps.

Comment

Lightwave 3D - FBX
        Imported FBX - Somersault animation in to Lightwave 3D 2019-0-3
        All meshes and animation was imported OK - but had two issues

1. All bones were set with 'Use WeightMap Only' and 'Weight Normalisation'
        but I had mesh distortion around the head/neck. This was fixed by unchecking 'Use WeightMap only'

2. Also, I had the character animation pressing through floor when landing after the somersault
        even though this is fixed in Cascadeur. So next time I'll try bake animation in Cascadeur before export.

Thanks for tip

Comment

Originally posted by zoetrope View Post
          Lightwave 3D - FBX
          Imported FBX - Somersault animation in to Lightwave 3D 2019-0-3
          All meshes and animation was imported OK - but had two issues

1. All bones were set with 'Use WeightMap Only' and 'Weight Normalisation'
          but I had mesh distortion around the head/neck. This was fixed by unchecking 'Use WeightMap only'

2. Also, I had the character animation pressing through floor when landing after the somersault
          even though this is fixed in Cascadeur. So next time I'll try bake animation in Cascadeur before export.

Thanks for tip
          Yep, please try baking the animation. It's a standard step in our animators' process and we don't normally have these problems. Let us know, if it helps.

Comment

Lightwave 3D - FBX - Retested

Tested the Alt-F option. Baking the Time Line animation in Cascadure and then export to FBX - But this did not solve the problem of character pressing through the floor when imported into Lightwave.

So I then tried importing using 'Motion Plugin' option in the LW3D dialogue - this solved the problem.

Comment

Working...
            X