Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with masterclass

Hi,
    I'm trying to follow the new tutorial. I'm trying to copy and paste the feet position. I keep getting an error and I can't seem to get past it. the error states "update before physics. at least 1 dependency cycle detected...Node orientationTHIGHBOX-r depends on EDGE. I've tried to reposition the feet and the controllers and then it changes to another error or the same...I think it refers to the box controller. perhaps due to them touching maybe??? can you please help me to get past this. I've gotten really frustrated. I can't get it to work. I started new scene and only minor movements and I still get this error. I can copy and past the bottom points of the feet but when I include the ankle point it will not work and I get controller/point/edge errors?
    thank you

oh I got my pen to work but I have to put the mouse on the tablet before it will work

Click image for larger version  Name:	sshelp.JPG Views:	5 Size:	139.4 KB ID:	1108
    Last edited by preecher; 18 June 2019, 04:27 AM.

Hi preecher - do you need both scene files open to copy and past - I noticed you have current scene file only ?

Comment

• preecher
      preecher commented
      Editing a comment
      hi no I'm copying from the current scene not from another scene...it is shown both in the ss tut, but I am at the part with the feet, which is copied only the feet from last frame. perhaps I moved the final pose too much. I am going to try and redo that step and see if it makes a difference. thank you

help please...

UPDATE: I knew it was something very simple. I had COPIER set on LOCAL. When I changed it to GLOBAL worked perfectly... hit me in the head with my hammer...lol
    Last edited by preecher; 18 June 2019, 04:39 AM.

Comment

• Helen L
      Helen L commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, due to the nature of this character's rig you can not copy feet or hands in local mode. We are thinking how to solve this problem.

Click image for larger version

Name:	cas_ss.JPG
Views:	41
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	1152

Hi
    Still working on masterclass. It is very informative tutorial on how to use the toolset. I really appreciate it.

Comment

Name:	cas_ssghts.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	109.9 KB
ID:	1161
      Hi
      i will post animation soon for the somersault. this is screen shot of ghost and if i am correct the grey ghost is from the interpolation of the frames, the blue ghost are the ghosts from the ballistic curve and the fulcrum points. Is this correct? I also was able to control the speed of the animation. My question now is it possible to slow the speed only at the ballistic curve? does it show in real time or only in the output file? i only seem to be able to set the speed to affect the entire animation. Also is it possible to animate the camera within cascadeur?

also can you see this dot on the body track on frm 44. is that a physics point i set?

i am going to work on my triple flip animation with what i learned from this before i start a new one. i also will try the bake fbx in some of my other apps soon and post.

thank you

Comment

Originally posted by preecher View Post
        My question now is it possible to slow the speed only at the ballistic curve? does it show in real time or only in the output file?
        I'm no sure the effect your after - you could try changing the Gravity setting on the ballistic interval, this would increase/decrease the character animation over those frame.

I haven't played with this myself yet but would like to do 'slow-mo' effect as well.

Comment

the blue ghost are the ghosts from the ballistic curve and the fulcrum points. Is this correct?
          Yep, that's right!

My question now is it possible to slow the speed only at the ballistic curve? does it show in real time or only in the output file? i only seem to be able to set the speed to affect the entire animation.
          You can only do that by increasing the number of frames and decreasing gravity.

Also is it possible to animate the camera within cascadeur?
          Yes, it is

Name:	camera.gif
Views:	16
Size:	381.0 KB
ID:	1167

this dot on the body track on frm 44. is that a physics point i set?
          Oh, that's an outdated feature, sorry. We suggest to switch it off. It will be removed later.

Name:	ctrl_r.gif
Views:	16
Size:	950.0 KB
ID:	1168

Comment

• preecher
            preecher commented
            Editing a comment
            thank you very much.

Thank You Polina ! Great answers & feedback! And Thank you preecher , great thread & questions !

Comment

Working...
          X