Where is mirrored copy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is mirrored copy?

I know Cascadeur can copy pose from same point with ctrl+c ctrl+v.

So I want to copy right arm pose to left arm with mirror axis, but I cannot find mirror copy. How can I mirror it?

yes i'm still fuzzy on this as well but I think if there is a frame present(the square your pasting to is blue} then it will copy it but on the same frame...i'm still lost. some type of symmetry button be nice but after watching the tutorials yet again...I seem to pick up something new every time...it might have to do with the CNTL and 1 2 3 and 4 keys.???

Comment

You can use mirror tool! Select the joints of arms, then press Mirror tool/Mirror joints.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	mirror.gif
Views:	167
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	461

Comment

Thanks to reply. Mirroring arms while standing still is works well, but I cannot mirror arm in my scene while crouching. Can you check my scene on attachment file?
        Attached Files

Comment

Make sure that you select the right frame! If the black border is on another frame - it won't work.

Click image for larger version  Name:	C__Users_user_Downloads_BackJump.casc - Cascadeur 2019-03-21 12.23.01.png Views:	0 Size:	1.3 KB ID:	498

Click image for larger version  Name:	mirror_1.gif.gif.gif Views:	0 Size:	113.9 KB ID:	497
          Last edited by Helen L; 21 March 2019, 12:36 PM.

Comment

• 0xinfinite
            0xinfinite commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh, It works well XD
            Thank you for kindly reply

I cant seem to get mirror to work. I'm trying to clean up a foot. is there a way to reset the foot? I trying to mirror the left foot to the right foot I have the ankle and foot selected on both sides. I keep getting a dependency error. so I tried the entire leg and it moves the legs upside down at the hip. I tried changing all the axes orientation and it does the same thing? after all the play it's getting easier to move the joints around.

ok I got the foot straightened out...i'll mess with the mirror tool again later.
          Last edited by preecher; 23 March 2019, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by preecher View Post
            I cant seem to get mirror to work. I'm trying to clean up a foot. is there a way to reset the foot? I trying to mirror the left foot to the right foot I have the ankle and foot selected on both sides. I keep getting a dependency error. so I tried the entire leg and it moves the legs upside down at the hip. I tried changing all the axes orientation and it does the same thing? after all the play it's getting easier to move the joints around.

ok I got the foot straightened out...i'll mess with the mirror tool again later.
            Hi Preecher . Hope this might help, when you see the gif in the above post by Helen, (I think) it shows the joints -on both sides- are getting selected first, then the Mirror Tool is getting used (and there are options for mirroring to different planes/alignments, etc.)
            Different from what might be called, "Mirror Paste," (guessing that's what is giving you the dependency error?), example: bones on just one side would be affected. I don't think Cascadeur has a 'Mirror Paste' ? But, I completely defer to the (awesome ! ) devs on all of this.

Comment

• preecher
              preecher commented
              Editing a comment
              hi joshpurple, I reread your post and I didn't understand the first time because I should have read it twice. I missed the part about having both sides selected...lol...I messed with it yesterday and still couldn't get it so I said ok I need to look at Helen post again then I read this again and that was the key...having both sides selected....lol thank you

Hi joshpurple, yes I see that but it wasn't working for me. I will try again on a fresh scene..thanks

Comment

Originally posted by preecher View Post
              Hi joshpurple, yes I see that but it wasn't working for me. I will try again on a fresh scene..thanks
              Hope you've been getting this to work, glad to help with it. For me, it can be a bit tricky (what copy settings to use, local, global, avoid selecting the entire rig, etc. ).

Although this may not be the best way to do it, for creating symmetry with the limbs, I'll often do a Local copy of the rotation values on the limb that I want to use,
              then I'll select the other limb, so both sides are selected, do the mirror (now the opposite limb has the pose I want to use), select the first limb again, and paste. Limbs should match.
              I'm guessing there's a faster / better way to do that .

Edit / p.s. I find myself using the Joints the most for doing this.

Comment

• preecher
                preecher commented
                Editing a comment
                thanks. I've got some health issues dealing with but I'm working with it as much as I can right now. thanks for help. I got the mirror to work for me

preecher , Cool, glad that's working . And completely understandable, -all the best on getting healthy!

Comment

Working...
              X