Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to send/post features suggestions?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to send/post features suggestions?

Hi,

I began testing Cascadeur and I'd like to know where to post features suggestions/feedback?

3 suggestions that I already have, if you don't mind:

- An option to have the bones/joints down the hierarchy of IK feet and hands keep their initial orientation to their parent, when you translate the limb via IK in the viewport. I mean... you pull an arm by clicking in the writs IK, and the hand rotates to stay aligned with the lower arm as it was. Because it's a little time consuming to have to rotate the hand or foot afterwards, to compensate.

- An option, in Point Controller mode, to have the hierarchies in the right and left side of the character color coded. To make it easier to tell them apart when posing the character.

- (Maybe) press delete or backspace to delete/clear a keyframe. Alt + F does that. But for starters, delete seems more intuitive to guess.

The tool is looking cool and straightforward so far.

Two more suggestions:

- An easy way to navigate up/down a selected bone hierarchy. Arrow up and arrow down, like in maya would be nice.
    - Maybe this one already exists and I don't know, but... A temporary constraint from a bone to another, with a shortcut. Like you've done with R for pinning a bone.

Comment

3 more, that I forgot:
      - A way to lock one an axis (or two) of a joint, and preferrably these axes are greyed out in the viewport gizmo. Ex: hinge joints, that you should never animate some axis of, like knee (sideways an twist), wrist twist axis etc.

- In Point controller mode, be able to select a bone bly clicking in its corresponding "line" also, not only on the joint dot.

- An option (or by default) click-drag to move a bone (in IK mode, at least). It's good to speed up one's workflow, not needing to click then drag.
      Last edited by actionfigure; 21 June 2019, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Good topic! We can discuss feature suggestions here now

Our team really likes these ideas and we will discuss them among us.

- A way to lock one an axis (or two) of a joint, and preferrably these axes are greyed out in the viewport gizmo. Ex: hinge joints, that you should never animate some axis of, like knee (sideways an twist), wrist twist axis etc.
        - that one is already possible, we just have to add it to our standard skeletons.

- Maybe this one already exists and I don't know, but... A temporary constraint from a bone to another, with a shortcut. Like you've done with R for pinning a bone.
        - this one already exists, but not in a form of hotkey though. We will post a video on how to do it a bit later.

- An option (or by default) click-drag to move a bone (in IK mode, at least). It's good to speed up one's workflow, not needing to click then drag.
        - it's funny, because our animators hated this feature and wanted it to be removed, so we deleted it But we can probably add it as an option in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Polina View Post

- that one is already possible, we just have to add it to our standard skeletons.

- this one already exists, but not in a form of hotkey though. We will post a video on how to do it a bit later.

- it's funny, because our animators hated this feature and wanted it to be removed, so we deleted it But we can probably add it as an option in the future.
          Fantastic feedback Polina ! Thank You !

Comment

Originally posted by Polina View Post

Thanks for replying here! And good to know some are already there, only need to be exposed.
            And what about this one:

- An option to have the bones/joints down the hierarchy of IK feet and hands keep their initial orientation to their parent, when you translate the limb via IK in the viewport. I mean... you pull an arm by clicking in the writs IK, and the hand rotates to stay aligned with the lower arm as it was. Because it's a little time consuming to have to rotate the hand or foot afterwards, to compensate.

This is to speed up workflow also, as while following the somersault tutorial and also trying to animate a rotating flying kick I've caught myself wasting the most time re-aligning hands to arms and feet to legs.
            Ah, another feature suggestion, and this one is intended for practical use for me in the next few months (I'll be animating character action loops for my indie game project, www.atarugame.com, ww.facebook.com/atarugame):

- A viewport where you can load footage (video file, for me preferrably quicktime .mov, as I have a lot of them here I filmed as rotoscopy reference :-) ), so that when you scrub to a frame in your animation, the video will scrub to the same frame, in a split-screen layout. Hope I explained it well. :-(
            Don't need fancy controls, only some sort of embedded player, for the reasons mentioned above.

Edit: typos

Comment

If that's the effect you are talking about,

Click image for larger version

Name:	Move_and_turn_on_2019-06-28 13-40.gif
Views:	18
Size:	1.29 MB
ID:	1146

please put a tick in the menu shown below, with the nodes that you need selected

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	16
Size:	505.9 KB
ID:	1147

Comment

That's exactly the effect. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X