Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Learning, testing, first starts with Cascadeur :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Learning, testing, first starts with Cascadeur :)

An exceptional rigging & animation setup! The rigging setup is GREAT, HUGE props to those who made this! The UI is simple, straight-forward, & wonderfully direct in working pose-to-pose.
    I attempted some very basic/simple jumps, trying to use as few keyframes as possible & get the fastest results possible.
    LOTS of room for improvement, no doubt . All feedback is welcomed!

I did this before I learned about Ballistic Ghosts/Snapping to them, & other very cool physics options.
    I was just thrilled to use the Ballistic Trajectory, -and attempting to do a flip with it .

(The landing post was comped in with AE)

The first thing I did, just playing with a jump & the Ballistic Trajectory

And the last thing I just did, a W.I.P., where the character is landing a kick-attack (the wall is place-holder).

Apologies for any questions lacking experience/obvious answers, etc.
    Again, TONS of room for improvement, all feedback welcomed, and Thank You all so MUCH !

Questions:
    Is there a way to add a cube/box to the 'standard_model.casc' file? Or is it best to use 'backflip_animation.casc' for the props/boxes?

Is it possible to work with 2 characters in a scene?

dope!!!
    i too would like to work with 2 chars in a scene or be able to add some obstacles to parkour on

Comment

Very cool ,I sent a email asking if we could have a scene with some props in ,steps ,ramp ect

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by wrayayrton View Post
        dope!!!
        I too would like to work with 2 chars in a scene or be able to add some obstacles to parkour on
        -----------------
        Originally posted by Granada View Post
        Very cool, I sent an email asking if we could have a scene with some props in, steps, ramp etc

Dave
        -----------------

Thank You guys ! I appreciate the kind words, & I'm a BIG fan of your works!!
        Happy Friday !

Comment

Happy Sunday ! Some silly fun with a 'Kick-Shuffle' dance step;

A fast draft, -using a short looped selected from the timeline, without any physics applied yet (a starting point, etc.)
          Here's the file; https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZE3...ew?usp=sharing
          Please feel free to play with it, rip it apart, etc.
          I'm hoping to do a number of variations with it.

And an extra silly bit of fun, a belated, Happy Puppy Day ;

All the best!

Edit / p.s. ; if it helps, on the YouTube player you can enable loop (play/pause button > right click > loop)
          Last edited by joshpurple; 24 March 2019, 09:17 PM.

Comment

made me smile ,nice one

Dave

Comment

Happy Friday !
              The first draft at a new animation (room for LOTS of improvement ).

And Thank You Dave !

All feedback welcomed, & Thanks again to all

Comment

Draft/start on a swinging animation;

Feedback welcomed

Comment

Making some attempts with a spin kick animation (with LOTS of room for improvement ).
                  And a HUGE THANK YOU to @wrayayrton / @wraybies for his help in understanding the Fulcrum points ! (attempting that next)

First draft attempt at a spin kick;

Second draft attempt;

Comment

awesome!!!

Comment

Originally posted by preecher View Post
                      awesome!!!
                      Thank You preecher !

Comment

your more than welcome. i'm seeing lots of post from you and request. I had a lot of questions I asked that never got answered. any feedback on your request? any feedback from the developers or their helpers???

I wonder why they're ok with vids on youtube but they have made it where I can't link my animations from giphy? oh well!

your artstation page is awesome! i'm very impressed. so how you like the new zbrush. I kinda put it on back burner for this. I really like the npr although every program I have has it. but it just looks so cool on Z. I really hope in my lifetime they will add animation like this. it seems it would be pretty simple with zspheres...I was really looking forward to uvpeel being added but I guess it got delayed or canceled???
                        Last edited by preecher; 2 April 2019, 03:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by preecher View Post
                          your more than welcome. i'm seeing lots of post from you and request. I had a lot of questions I asked that never got answered. any feedback on your request? any feedback from the developers or their helpers???

I wonder why they're ok with vids on youtube but they have made it where I can't link my animations from giphy? oh well!

your artstation page is awesome! i'm very impressed. so how you like the new zbrush. I kinda put it on back burner for this. I really like the npr although every program I have has it. but it just looks so cool on Z. I really hope in my lifetime they will add animation like this. it seems it would be pretty simple with zspheres...I was really looking forward to uvpeel being added but I guess it got delayed or canceled???
                          Hi Preecher, & Thank You ! Pardon my late reply, I hope all is going well. Granada and wrayayrton have been AWESOME! They've been super helpful in answering questions / explaining the fulcrum point / tons more , -and I've been trying to find/read as much as possible on tuts/vids, the Discord channel, etc. for learning. I have not heard back from Devs directly (my apologies if I've missed anything ! ). I'm guessing part of the Beta testing is to see how things go with a 'bare-bones' type of start? (and I'm sure everyone is crazy busy ).

Have you tried Imgur for the gifs? <--hope that might help with the gifs (I think I had the best luck with the Advanced Editor button > image button > pop-up box, image properties > fill in URL (used Imgur link, just the gif)> should appear in thread/post;

Click image for larger version

Name:	qJOs9NY.gif
Views:	175
Size:	548.6 KB
ID:	829
                          From the list of Imgur links to the gif, I selected, "Original GIF Link" (so in the link it is showing the 'gif' format).

I appreciate the kind words on my Art Station page, Thank You ! Glad to Follow your Art Station page if you have one! I LUV the new ZBrush! WISH I had more time to work with it !
                          I've done a Darth Maul with it;

Name:	tqjaXoc.png
Views:	166
Size:	456.6 KB
ID:	830

and a skeleton demon / devil dude (trying to go for a D&D type of pencil Lich art ;

Name:	BVpcLEx.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	157.0 KB
ID:	831

I agree, it would be great to see uvpeel. I've been beta testing on RizomUV, it's been excellent; https://www.rizom-lab.com/ !

Comment

• preecher
                            preecher commented
                            Editing a comment
                            awesome stuff...luv this...right up my alley...lol

Some Friday fun , my first attempt using the Fulcrum point . BIG Thank You to @wrayayrton for the help!

My first attempt was a fail, although I really enjoyed it, so I went with a fumble for this animation ;
                          (I was also attempting a 'creep' / walk animation)

Happy Friday!

Comment

On the Discord channel, I think it was @wrayayrton (Thank You ! ), that shared the resource/link, http://club540.com/tricktionary (great resource !) .
                            Using that, & selecting the 540 reference vid;
                            http://club540.com/tricktionary/540

My attempt, -that has TONS of room for improvement ;

Any & all feedback is welcomed, glad to share the file, & all the best!
                            Last edited by joshpurple; 8 April 2019, 12:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X