Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Working with Daz Studio's model (Genesis 8).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working with Daz Studio's model (Genesis 8).

Hello,

I'm trying to add a Daz Studio's model (Genesis 8) to Cascadeur. It has more than 128 joints, so I use Blender to delete face's joints, then export FBX from Blender. When I import the model to Cascadeur, it loses some part on the face.

Click image for larger version  Name:	cascadeur face.png Views:	3 Size:	351.1 KB ID:	1361

Blender:

Click image for larger version  Name:	blender face.png Views:	4 Size:	392.1 KB ID:	1362

I'm new to these things so I might have done something wrong.

Another question, the bone setup is like this. Do you have any suggestion on creating rigs for this model?

Click image for larger version  Name:	how to rig.png Views:	2 Size:	431.8 KB ID:	1364
    Attached Files
    Last edited by lehuan5062; 13 November 2020, 14:44.

Some attachements
    gen8bones.fbx
    gen8mesh.fbx
    gen8all.fbx

Comment

So now I'm having this rig prototype and can't add twist for the forearm box to affect the arm. I always get the message "You selected parent/child joints".

gen 8.casc
      gen8.fbx

Comment

This looks like a problem that I cannot answer with my own knowledge.
        So I asked our development team for an opinion.
        Our team has reviewed these issues, and here is their feedback!

1 - Lost parts of the face
        Cascadeur developers:
        "The user should transfer influence from the face joints (before he delete them) to the head joint. The lost parts of the face are vertices affected by the deleted joints.
        But they should be floating in the air instead of just disappearing, so it's a yet unknown bug in Cascadeur actually, that we have to investigate and fix."

2 - Bone setup
        Cascadeur developers:
        "You can't create twist controllers for such a setup in the current version, but we are working on it. Also we suggest to use this function for the IK joints."

3 - Twist for the forearm
        Cascadeur developers:
        "Sorry, you can't create twist controllers for this setup in the current version."

Does this answer your questions?
        Last edited by Tom Borovskis; 17 November 2020, 12:45.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Borovskis View Post
          This looks like a problem that I cannot answer with my own knowledge.
          So I asked our development team for an opinion.
          Our team has reviewed these issues, and here is their feedback!

1 - Lost parts of the face
          Cascadeur developers:
          "The user should transfer influence from the face joints (before he delete them) to the head joint. The lost parts of the face are vertices affected by the deleted joints.
          But they should be floating in the air instead of just disappearing, so it's a yet unknown bug in Cascadeur actually, that we have to investigate and fix."

2 - Bone setup
          Cascadeur developers:
          "You can't create twist controllers for such a setup in the current version, but we are working on it. Also we suggest to use this function for the IK joints."

3 - Twist for the forearm
          Cascadeur developers:
          "Sorry, you can't create twist controllers for this setup in the current version."

Does this answer your questions?
          Thank you for the information!

Comment

About us
          Cascadeur is a standalone software for creating physically correct keyframe animations for characters, humanoid and otherwise. Make realistic animations from scratch or improve your mocap, while retaining full control over the results.
          Join us
          Working...
          X