No announcement yet.

Quick Rig No Longer Attached to Model?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Rig No Longer Attached to Model?

Hey there.

[EDIT]
    Alright, I've at least figured out one bit. It's not making the rig, it's still just the 'prototypes rig'. But when clicking create rig, an error appears.
    I can't find a way to copy it, but I'll type the start. The rest is a jumble of letters and numbers:

Generating of hyperedge Pos by Rigid has failed: Multiple incoming attributes for...

[Original Question]
    I created a rig in Blender; just a slightly modified Mecanim rig, as I wanted something super basic so I can test it in Unity later.
    After going through the Quick Rig process, it does make a new rig, but it's completely seperate from the model. The original, imported rig still exists but the fancy Cascadeur rig is appearing completely unconnected.
    I'm going insane trying to fix this, any ideas?
    Last edited by Daniel Evans; 23 April 2021, 17:15.

To understand what is happening, the "jumble of letters and numbers" would be helpful.
    Could you please copy&past them, too?

Also, could you please send us the scene file for a detailled analysis?
    We will take a closter look at it.

Thank you in advance!

Comment

Absolutely! I'm so sorry it took me so long to get back to you, things are hectic.
      Here's the text:
      Generating of hyperedge Pos By Rigid has failed: Multiple incoming attributes for attribute 6b0aed92-851b-4833-bbf2-c66a9ae96ed7 of group with name: spine.001_MainPoint and attribute with name: Rigid Position and direction In
      (Sorry I wasn't more clear the first time)

And I've attached the file as it is, just after applying everything in the quickrig tool and clicking on Create Rig.
      Attached Files

Comment

Thank you! We will take a look at it!

Comment

I am back with an answer from our team.

The direction point of the parent should be at the same place, as the child's main point:

Click image for larger version  Name:	image (1).png Views:	0 Size:	247.8 KB ID:	1867
          Attached Files

Comment

About us
          Cascadeur is a standalone software for creating physically correct keyframe animations for characters, humanoid and otherwise. Make realistic animations from scratch or improve your mocap, while retaining full control over the results.
          Join us
          Working...
          X