Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to scale down an imported model that is too large?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to scale down an imported model that is too large?

Hello, I've imported the 'remy' model from Mixamo, but the model is huge. I tried selecting all control points and activated the scaling manipulator tool to scale down the model. However, i don't know how to scale down all 3 axes (XYZ) simultaneously. Is there a feature to the scale manipulator tool as in game engines (e.g. Unity & Unreal), whereby you can scale all axes simultaneously?

Hey man, I have been trying to find a workaround for this, since the Scale manipulator is mostly used for editing object Trajectories or manipulate static meshes like the Cube mesh. I don't think Cascadeur supports scaling rigs yet.

My solution is to import such model/rig into another 3D software such as Blender or even a game engine; then scale it to your desired sized and exported back into Cascadeur

keep in mind that if you export it from Blender you will have to make sure that the transforms are zeroed before exporting or you will have issues later on.

Comment

• GDK
      GDK commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, will do just that.

If a model is imported with an incorrect scale, this can be fixed in two ways:

1 - You can scale the model manually, using the Scale manipulator

2 - Alternatively, you can select the main joint and enable the Local Scale option in the Outliner window (on the Transform panel)

Comment

• GDK
      GDK commented
      Editing a comment
      Which is the main joint? Is it the hip bone?

Yes, the pelvis joint.

Comment

About us
    Cascadeur is a standalone software for creating physically correct keyframe animations for characters, humanoid and otherwise. Make realistic animations from scratch or improve your mocap, while retaining full control over the results.
    Join us
    Working...
    X