Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way to know character's root speed?(preferably in m/s or km/h)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a way to know character's root speed?(preferably in m/s or km/h)

Hi there, I watched some of the tutorials and just downloaded Cascadeur.

I need to build some animations moving the character's root, so this software seems to be a good choice. But I would like to know if is there a way to check what's the character's speed, this information is important for me cause I need to asure that the character's is moving at a specific speed during the animations...

PS: I know that this is ridiculous but, where I enable the dark mode?

You can find how to activate dark mode through this starting guide link: https://cascadeur.com/learn/how-to-b...ng_with_scenes

I would like to also know if there's some sort of ruler/measurement too. Doesn't seem like there are enough grid settings to help bridge the gap either.

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel Minosso View Post
      Hi there, I watched some of the tutorials and just downloaded Cascadeur.

I need to build some animations moving the character's root, so this software seems to be a good choice. But I would like to know if is there a way to check what's the character's speed, this information is important for me cause I need to asure that the character's is moving at a specific speed during the animations...

PS: I know that this is ridiculous but, where I enable the dark mode?
      Right now, the only way to estimate the speed is to watch the change of the global position of the root bone:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image (8).png
Views:	79
Size:	5.9 KB
ID:	924

Once we have Python it will be easier to do that, but for now it's the only way.

Comment

Ok, thanks for the answers, this would be a nice feature for a software like this. I think I'll keep going with Blender for now as I'm just working on placeholders now. But for more advanced stuff this program seems to be the best alternative.
        Last edited by Gabriel Minosso; 13 August 2020, 01:41. Reason: complete the message

Comment

About us
        Cascadeur is a standalone software for creating physically correct keyframe animations for characters, humanoid and otherwise. Make realistic animations from scratch or improve your mocap, while retaining full control over the results.
        Join us
        Working...
        X