Any idea how much the software will cost at launch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any idea how much the software will cost at launch

This software seem to be really powerful and easy to use, it would suck if it was too expensive when it arrives though.
    Any idea which price range you'll focus on?

Originally posted by Karamasha View Post
    This software seem to be really powerful and easy to use, it would suck if it was too expensive when it arrives though.
    Any idea which price range you'll focus on?
    Thanks We haven't decided on the price model yet, but we do plan to make something easily accessible for indie developers.

Comment

Originally posted by Polina View Post

Thanks We haven't decided on the price model yet, but we do plan to make something easily accessible for indie developers.
      any update on that, I been wanting to dig into this software but I am afraid like alot of theses specialized software the indie version will be like 500$ to 700$ which will place it way out of my budget. if its a subscription based would it be renting the software like what autodesk and adobe does. I have seen a few indie software companies do a pay per a month towards the full cost of the software deal. Jangafx which does realtime vfx they have this approach where you pay per a month and after you have reached that amount you own that software. can you give us any information on what the cost might be or can we even own this software or is it going to be a rental?

Comment

The decision about the concrete pricing structure and licencing modells shall be made during Q4/2020.

But despite the label "beta version", the current Cascadeur version and its predecessors have been used successfully for years in the development of our own games.
        We have expressly allowed free commercial use of this new version for all beta testers - even without a time limit.
        Cascadeur open beta is already a powerful animation tool that can be used productively.

The price structure for the not yet developed future versions will be set by us in such a way that indie developers in particular can afford it. Our aim is to give even small developers, students and hobby animators the great possibilities of physics-based character animation.

Comment

You just bought me I'm also hobbyst and was a bit afraid to put a lot of effort to learn something that I may not be able to afford. Thanks!

Comment

About us
          Cascadeur is a standalone software for creating physically correct keyframe animations for characters, humanoid and otherwise. Make realistic animations from scratch or improve your mocap, while retaining full control over the results.
          Join us
          Working...
          X